We aim to make event dental visit a positive experience for you and your child!
Our dental clinic offers a comprehensive range of pediatric dental services in a warm and child-friendly environment. What’s more, we offer complete benefits of the Medicare Child Dental Scheme for eligible candidates.
What is the Medicare Child Dental Benefits Scheme?
Children between the ages of 2 – 17 years are eligible for the Child Dental Benefit Scheme in Melbourne. This scheme offers a
Medicare rebate on oral healthcare treatment for eligible candidates.
Listed below are the features of the Medicare Child Dental Benefits program:
- Over a period of 2 years you can claim $1000 for basic dental treatment
- Any remaining benefit from the $1,000 in the first year of eligibility can be carried forward to the second year if you are still eligible.
- Treatments included are – check-ups, fillings, tooth extraction, dental cleaning, x rays, fissure sealnt, fluoride application
- Treatment excluded – Orthodontics or cosmetic dental work
- If you are on family tax benefit A, if you are receiving disability allowance, youth allowance, parenting payment or a study then your child is eligible
- You should be in possession of a letter stating your eligibility for Medicare Child Dental Benefits
- Child Dental Benefits Schedule services will not count towards the Medicare Safety Net or the Extended Medicare Safety Net thresholds
Here’s what you can expect when you visit us with your child for a dental treatment:
- Before you visit us with your child, please take a prior appointment and provide us with details about your eligibility for the Medicare Child Dental Benefits Scheme. We will take you through the procedure for getting your child treated under the scheme.
- We take a consent before proceeding with any such treatment so that you are fully aware of the cost or gap if involved.
- This small is necessary so that we can continue to use our high quality materials and equipment to provide you better service, and so that we don’t need to turn to cheaper alternatives. We don’t want to run the risk of using cheaper materials for fillings in baby teeth because they eventually fall out and your child has to again undergo the same procedure all over again. We are strong supporters of the Medicare scheme because we feel that it is indeed a very positive step to improve the dental health of children.
For more details on the Medicare child dental benefits program please visit Child Dental Benefits Schedule.
Our dental facility provides Medicare Child Dental Benefits to families throughout the Melbourne area, including Collingwood and Camberwell, Hartwell, Tooronga, Toorak, Malvern, Balwyn, Kew, Box Hill and Hawthorn. We take care of your child’s dental health, and deliver efficient, comprehensive dental procedures including teeth whitening, dental implants, general and cosmetic dentistry at very affordable rates.