Understanding Porcelain Veneers and their Suitability
Porcelain veneers are the best esthetic solution for chipped, broken or discolored teeth. This thin, semi-translucent laminate is permanently bonded to your damaged tooth.
Veneers can be a great alternative to braces or minor orthodontic problems and can get you a great looking smile in a short span of time.
Porcelain veneers are a viable option if you have one or more of the following dental conditions involving the front teeth:
- Crooked teeth where they can’t be aligned with braces or Invisalign
- Permanently stained or discolored teeth that can’t be bleached
- Unsightly, stained or washed out fillings
- Gaps between your teeth
- Broken or chipped teeth
Our dental clinic in Melbourne offers you custom crafted and placed porcelain veneers that are long lasting and durable. We proud of the fact that we only work with the BEST ceramists in Melbourne,/span>.
Great Dentist + Great Ceramists= Best and Long Lasting Results!
Major Advantages of Having Porcelain Veneers
- Porcelain veneers placement procedure is generally a 2 visit process, 3 weeks apart.
- We take a holistic approach and carefully reshape the tooth based on detailed planning. We also offer NO-PREP veneers.
- Porcelain veneers are biocompatible and can be safely used next to the gingiva (gum tissue immediately surrounding the teeth and alveolar bone)
- The end result is extremely esthetically pleasing – porcelain veneers get you a natural looking, beautiful and attractive smile.
What’s the difference between veneers and dental crowns or bonding
Bonding is the most conservative solution for white filings to resin bonding/composite veneers. It’s a great interim solution or where porcelain veneers are not indicated.
A dental crown is placed when a good amount of tooth structure or enamel has been lost and needs to be replaced – for example – in a root canal treatment, cracked tooth, tooth with large filling.
Cosmetic porcelain veneers, on the other hand, are placed over the front surface of the tooth to achieve an esthetically pleasing smile.
What’s the process of getting porcelain veneers?
The process of placing porcelain veneers usually is for 2 visits after all the planning, however it requires high skill, detailed planning and precision on the part of your dentist and ceramist. It takes around two visits to the dentist and little or no anesthesia in certain cases.
The first step will be to prepare the surface of the teeth to get the mold of the veneer.
- The teeth are reshaped to allow for the thickness of the porcelain veneer.
- The impression is taken and we help you chose shade of your veneers.
- During the second visit, your teeth with be cleansed and prepared to achieve a durable bond.
- Once this is done a bonding cement is used to attach the veneer to the tooth. The bond is hardened and set with a special light beam. It is important that you also follow the instructions provided to take care of your porcelain veneers and increase their longevity.
Weigh price against value for Porcelain Veneers
Don’t hesitate to approach us if you are interested in getting porcelain veneers. We can customize a solution to your budget – all this without compromising the best quality of porcelain veneers for a dazzling smile! We offer you only the best.
Here’s what we have to offer:
- Flexible payment options based on your budget
- Zero interest or additional costs
- Easy 6 -12 months installment plan
- Hassle-free application to avail flexi-payment options
Melbourne dental facility is your one stop shop for high quality, long lasting porcelain veneers. If you reside in or around Collingwood, Deepdene, Murrumbeena, Chadstone, Mount Waverley, or Glen Waverley then give us a call to schedule an appointment or find out more about porcelain veneers.