Why you should consider porcelain veneers to enhance your smile
Porcelain veneers are custom-made to address your unique dental issues, and the result is immediate and long-lasting. We address some common questions about veneers below and why they are a better treatment option compared to other cosmetic dentistry solutions.
How does a veneer enhance your smile?
- A veneer is a fine layer of composite or porcelain placed over the front surface of your teeth.
- Veneers are used to address a variety of cosmetic dental issues and are an excellent way to achieve a brilliant smile.
- Veneers are used for cosmetic dentistry but may sometimes act as a preventative measure; they can protect the surface of damaged teeth by halting further deterioration and stopping other issues developing.
Porcelain veneers are durable and long-lasting
- Porcelain veneers are used to cosmetically correct damaged teeth creating a beautiful smile.
- Porcelain is a far stronger material than composite and lasts much longer. Unlike composites, they rarely require maintenance and can last up to 15 years when cared for properly.
Treating chipped, misshapen or discoloured teeth
- Porcelain veneers are a great solution to a variety of dental issues.
- You might have misshapen or chipped teeth. Or perhaps you were born with bigger spacing between your teeth leaving gaps that you wish you didn’t have? Maybe the natural enamel (the visible, hard outer shell) of your teeth has become worn, pitted or discoloured. You’ve tried home whitening treatments but ended up frustrated with the barely visible results.
- Porcelain veneers are used to successfully treat all of these issues.
Development and placement of porcelain veneers
Porcelain veneers are individually sculpted for your teeth. We assess the teeth that will be taking the porcelain veneers and take an impression. We then send the impression to our dental laboratory where your porcelain veneers are made.
Because veneers are crafted exactly for you. they immediately feel natural in your mouth. There is no downtime after placement of veneers. Once the placement procedure is completed in our clinic you can immediately carry on with your normal everyday activities.
A Cosmetic Dental Specialist has the right skills to create your veneers
Remember that porcelain veneers are mostly used for cosmetic purposes so make sure you choose a cosmetic dentist when getting veneers. A general dentist won’t have the same aesthetic considerations as a dentist trained in cosmetic procedures. Our cosmetic dentists have the right mix of science and artistic flair to produce the correct shade and colour to complement your existing teeth.
Looking after your veneers
- Keep looking after your porcelain veneers to maintain your enhanced beautiful smile. Brush and floss as usual and use a non-abrasive toothpaste.
- Be particularly careful when eating foods such as olives and nuts (pips and shells can catch you unawares).
- Of course never use your teeth to open or tear packages.
- Porcelain veneers are a fantastic way to enhance your smile and are an ideal solution to an array of cosmetic dental issues.
Preferred Cosmetic Dentist Camberwell
Contact us today at ProSmiles to discuss how veneers can enhance your smile. Our team are waiting to take your call on 03 9077 9953.