After Hours Emergency Dentists Available To Help You When You Need It
Having A Dental Emergency in Melbourne?
We are more than happy to provide emergency dental care for our patients.
Our dental care facility is here to take care of your emergency oral health needs. If you are located in or close to Hartwell, Tooronga, Toorak, Malvern, Hawthorn, Balwyn, Kew, Box Hill, Glen Iris, Ashburton, Burwood, Mont Albert or Surrey Hills – we are right here for you in your crisis.
All you need to do is reach out and get in touch with us. You don’t need to wait another day, morning or night. If you have a dental complication or find yourself in sudden pain and discomfort, our dentists will take care of you.
We want to be there for you when you need us the most.
Some of the emergency dental services we provide at our facility are:
- Root canals
- Tooth extraction
- Broken/chipped ooth repair
- Immediate pain relief from severe toothache
- Emergency treatment for crowns bridges and veneers
- Treatment for infections or abscess
Quick pointers to identify if you need emergency dental treatment
- Permanent teeth being knocked out during an accident or injury
- Uncontrolled bleeding after tooth extraction
- Severe toothache or facial pain and no relief with over-the-counter medicines
- Swelling of the mouth or face which suddenly worsens
- Traumatic injuries to the teeth, mouth or face after an accident
- If you face any of the above mentioned problems please contact us immediately.
Meanwhile, before you contact our dental facility in Melbourne you could use the following tips for some relief for a broken tooth
- If the tooth is broken due to trauma and if you are feeling dizziness,vomiting,headache,loss of consciousness,call 000 or go to a nearest hospital immedialtely.
- Rinse your mouth with warm water. Avoid extreme temperature.
- Apply cold pack to adajacent tissue in case of swelling.
- Take over counter pain killer for pain relief.
- Call us immediately.
For a knocked out tooth
- Most important thing is to remain calm.
- If a baby tooth is knocked out, see the dentist immediately. There is no need to put the tooth in the socket.
- If permanent tooth is knocked out, first find out the tooth.
- Hold the tooth only with crown(white part) NOT root part(yellow part) and try to put it in the socket immediately.
- If tooth is not clean, rinse it with milk and then place it in socket.
- IF the tooth is reinserted into a socket within 20 minutes, it has more chances to survival.
- If you are not confident to do it, put the tooth in milk or seal it with cling wrap or put it in the patient’s mouth next to the cheek.
NEVER PUT THE TOOTH IN WATER.
- Call us immediately on 03 90779953 to make an appointment with one of our well experienced dentist in Camberwell or Collingwood.
For severe toothache
- Sometimes, toothache can be unbearable. Even over counter medicines does not help you in somecases.
- Take over counter pain killers to relieve a pain.
- Do not rely on painkillers for longtime as they just give you a temporary relief but does not treat any underlying infection which may spread more and end up to extraction.
- You do not need to wait longer for your appointment, call us immediately and we make sure we will treat you on the same day.
For a broken or lost crown/veeenrs
- If you have a broken crowns/veeners, keep the broken piece or crown at the safe place.
- Sometimes, we can recement the same crown withlout making a new one.
- Call us in our camberwell or Collingwood practice to make your appointment so we can help you better.
- Meanwile, take painkiller if needed.
- Take a soft diet and try to avoid biting down with the chipped tooth.
For a chipped tooth
- If you have a chipped or broken tooth , see the dentist imeediately.
- Treatment of chipped tooth depends on the severity of damage.
- If small piece is chipped, dentist can repair it in the same visit with filling.
- If tooth is chipped or broken badly, it may need inlay/onaly/crown.
- Take a pain killer if needed.
For a Wisdom tooth pain
- A wisdom tooth pain can be associated with severe pain, swelling, difficulty in opening the mouth, swollen and inflamed gums ,pus discharging from the gum in that area.
- Sometimes , over counter drug may not help to relieve a pain completely.
- If you are suffering any of these, call us immediately to book your appointment.
For a bleeding gums:
If your gums are bleeding while brushing or flossing the teeth, you might suffering grom gum disease.
Bleeding gum is one of the common sign of gum disease.
The best way to treat the bleeding gums is to start the treatment immediately .We do through assessment ,measure the gum pocket and exlapin you a treatment plan.
Mostly, treatment requires scaling or root planning followed by home care to maintain the oral hygiene.
At Prosmiles, we will teach you how to do brushing & flossing correctly so you can maintain the healthy gums.