Sleep Dentistry MelbournePatient Centred, Quality Care
Wake to the Perfect Smile with Sleep and Sedation Dentistry
Is anxiety preventing you from addressing dental health issues? At ProSmiles we offer our patients the comfort and anxiety free option of sleep dentistry. An ideal option for more complicated dental procedures, sleep dentistry will help to build trust and confidence with your ProSmiles clinic, helping you overcome dental phobias.
Often referred to as sleep dental, our expertly trained dental practitioners will assure your visit is a stress-free experience.
Using state of the art equipment, our highly-specialised team perform dental procedures using sedation or sleep dentistry to calm nervous, anxious patients where the benefits of the dental procedure far outweigh the reluctance and fear. With a selection of anti-anxiety agents, pain relievers and sedation or sleep dentistry, we have the most appropriate solution to suit your individual needs and create a relaxed state, free of anxiety.
Benefits of Sleep Dentistry
Don’t allow fear to impact your health! The benefits of sleep and sedation dentistry include:
- A relaxed, dreamlike state
- Increased levels of comfort
- A calm demeanour enabling your ProSmiles dentist to work to full expertise
- Patient cooperation
- Control of gag reflex
- Limited or no memory of procedure
- Optimal dental care and treatment
Dental Procedures Suitable for Sleep Dentistry and IV Sedation
- Emergency procedures
- Wisdom tooth removal
- Dental implants, bone grafts, All on 4
- Bridge and crown work
- Periodontal treatments
- Porcelain veneers, crowns or multiple fillings
- Complex and extensive dental procedures
- Full mouth restoration
- Suitable for children
ProSmiles the Professionals
Our team of highly specialised dental practitioners understand that many patients will reject necessary treatments due to fear, while other patients may find their involuntary gag reflex a deterrent. We are committed to delivering an exceptional patient experience and will advise you of the right solution that alleviates your concern. We are here to help, and we will navigate your fear or the physical hindrances that may be preventing you from seeking much needed dental treatment with expertise and a helping hand.
At ProSmiles Collingwood our sleep and sedation dentistry is performed by our trusted specialist anaesthetists and qualified dental seditionist.
Are you a Suitable Candidate for Sleep Dentistry?
- Have low threshold for discomfort or pain?
- Cannot tolerate needles in your mouth?
- Gag easily and have a strong gag reflex?
- Have very sensitive gums or teeth?
- Have a fear of dentists because of a bad experience in the past?
- Cannot keep your mouth open for long time due to jaw problems?
- Need to undergo complex dental procedures over a prolonged period?
Sedation and Sleep Dentistry Melbourne
Boasting a team of highly trained professionals, we ensure your dental procedure is performed with absolute precision. Our trained anaesthetist or seditionist will perform your sleep dentistry procedure via an IV sedation, so that you are not subjected to increased anxiety, with minimal pain and restlessness. Your comfort is our concern!
Book your Sleep Dentistry Consultation
- Book your consultation with Dr. Madhur Shiralkar, our principal dentist at ProSmiles, Melbourne’s trusted dental clinic, Collingwood.
- We will conduct a thorough assessment and discuss your sleep dentistry procedure in detail. We will provide you with a written treatment plan.
- We are proud to offer our patients flexible payment plans to suit individual needs, ensuring quality dental care is an affordable option for all.
- An appointment will then be scheduled for your procedure at one of our convenient Melbourne locations.
Sleep Dentistry FAQs
Does anxiety get in the way of your dental care procedures? Sleep dentistry may be the perfect fix for you. Our team of experts have answered some of your most frequently asked questions about our sleep dentistry services. For more information, call us on (03) 8613 3416.
How much does it cost for sleep dentistry?
What helps with dental anxiety?
There are many ways to help dental anxiety. Some of which include deep breathing, meditation, being distracted, and hypnosis. However, the most effective and easiest option is sleep dentistry. By being put to sleep, you’re in your more relaxed state, which allows our dentists to get your procedure completed quickly and to the best standard possible. For more information on dental anxiety, contact our team of professional dentists today.
Is dental anesthesia painful?
No. Although you may feel some numbness or pressure from the process being performed, dental anaesthesia is not painful. In fact, it will help you not to feel the pain of tooth extractions, dental surgeries or any other painful dental procedures. It’s a great way to make you feel more comfortable in the dentist’s chair and not having to worry about what’s to come. For more information on both local and general anaesthetic, talk to our dentist’s today.
Do you feel pain with sedation dentistry?
What does the dentist use to put you sleep?
Can a dentist put me to sleep?
How does sleep dentistry work?
At ProSmiles, we utilised IV sedation to make our patients feel less anxious and more comfortable with the dental procedure ahead. Alternatively, we can put you to sleep using laughing gas or nitrous oxide, which will put you in a relaxed state for the entirety of your dental procedure. Our experts know exactly how much gas to administer to keep you comfortable throughout the treatment and ensure that it is completely safe. For more information on sleep dentistry, contact our team today.