My Teeth Are Crooked And Crowded
Misalignment of teeth is a serious dental issue as it not only affects the aesthetical appeal of the patient but risks their oral health as well. Be it crooked, crowded, or any other teeth alignment issue, these dental problems affect the quality of the life of the patient, including their confidence.
The ability to offer a great smile can make a big difference in your social life and relationships. The dental technology has evolved over the decades, and today, you have access to proven, effective treatment solutions to address the aesthetic issues of your teeth.
How Do Crooked Or Crowded Teeth Affect Your Oral Health?
It’s hard to keep crooked teeth clean regardless of regular brushing and flossing. You know that uncleaned teeth can lead to dental decay and gum disease, which means the decline of oral health. The untreated gum disease can lead to periodontitis, a severe form of gum disease that can deteriorate jawbones and teeth.
You may struggle with improper chewing due to crooked teeth, and that land you in digestive problems. Often, people with crooked teeth suffer from excess wear and tear on their teeth, jaw muscles, and gums. This leads to cracked teeth, temporomandibular joint disorder, jaw strain, and chronic headaches.
The Treatment Options
Today, innovative, quick, and highly effective treatment options are available to address your crooked or crowded teeth issues. At ProSmiles, we combine the advancement of orthodontic dentistry with our expert team of orthodontists to provide the best possible results to our patients.
Let’s discuss some of the most popular and the most effective treatment choices when it comes to crooked or crowded teeth.
Do you struggle with complex teeth alignment issues and want highly promising results? Some of the most common issues you can address with dental braces are:
• Fix gaps between teeth
• Deep bites
Additionally, you can resolve many minor and major jaw alignment issues and improve the overall aesthetic appeal of your face.
Braces come with brackets that are tied with metal wires and rubber bands. Once fixed, the metal wires gently push your teeth to make them aligned correctly and in the right position. Note that traditional braces are made from stainless steel. However, you have the option to choose ceramic braces – non-metallic braces – or self-ligating braces without elastic ties at ProSmiles.
What Makes Dental Braces A Great Choice For You?
By choosing dental braces, you will experience the following advantages:
• It helps you to resolve a wide range of orthodontic issues.
• Since dental braces are fixed treatment solutions, they ensure better, assured success.
• The dental braces are available in different styles, colours, and designs, and patients have the option to choose the right brace based on their style requirements.
Regardless of these benefits, you may find metal braces less attractive, and the sharp edges of the brackets and metal wires create sores, pain, and discomfort in your mouth. Also, some people may experience stains on their teeth as the fixed dental braces don’t allow them to clean their teeth properly.
Invisalign® is a highly popular treatment choice for various ranges of teeth alignment issues. Custom moulded and made from durable plastic, Invisalign® is the choice for people who want invisible aligners.
Your dentist will give you a set of 18-30 Invisalign® aligners based on your teeth condition. In every two weeks, you should put them on your teeth one by one by replacing the old aligner to get the desired results. Note that Invisalign® is not the right choice for people who struggle with complex teeth alignment issues.
Advantages Of Invisalign®
• With clear aligners, Invisalign® is the choice for patients who want to say no to metal braces. It keeps you confident throughout the treatment as the aligners are difficult for others to notice.
• You can remove the aligners while eating and brushing; this means you can ensure better oral health with proper brushing and good oral hygiene.
• Your dentists can evaluate and control the treatment and even show you the graphical representation of the result before beginning the treatment.
• With removable aligners, you don’t find any difference in your daily routine and enjoy all your favourite foods.
However, Invisalign® is not the choice for people with severe teeth misalignment issues. Also, people with extensive bridgework on their teeth and back tooth white issues won’t find the clear aligner a choice. Self-discipline is highly important, and you should put at least 22 hours a day to get effective results.
The Treatment Length
Dental braces can help you to straighten your teeth in 12-18 months. Your age is a factor that decides how quickly you can get the desired result. While children can get their teeth straightened quickly, people above 40 years take more time compared to others. Once the braces fixed on your teeth, you should visit your dentist in every 4-6 weeks for check-ups and make regular adjustments and tightening.
When it comes to Invisalign®, adults get their desired results in 12 months on an average. This means that you get pretty impressive results in a shorter duration compared to dental braces.
At ProSmiles, we combine our expertise and state-of-the-art dental technology to provide with the bright smile you wanted in your face. Our painless treatment services for crooked or crowded teeth are the finest choice with the following steps:
• Comprehensive initial consultation and examination of your teeth with digital scans and x-rays to choose the right orthodontic treatment solution for your needs.
• We will create a 3D treatment plan customised to your needs and update you the treatment process, including the visual representation of result, before starting it.
• Once we fix the dental devices, we will examine your teeth at regular intervals and provide you with the required adjustments to ensure the desired results.
• Throughout the treatment process, we will work with you and ensure that you get a complete smile.
We make a difference in the dental industry of Melbourne with the following characteristics:
• Highly experienced dentists, professional treatment services
• State-of-the-art clinic with advanced dental tools and equipment
• Trained supporting staff to give a friendly service experience
• Our commitment to providing superior treatment results
Book A Consultation Today To Confident Smiles And Excellent Dental Health
We welcome you to ProSmiles to get a complete, bright smile through advanced orthodontic treatment solutions. Talk to us today on (03) 8613 3416 or contact us online to book an appointment.
While we endeavour to provide the best treatment results to our patients, invasive procedures may not give the intended results due to risks associated with them. We request you to get an independent opinion from any qualified health practitioner before choosing the treatment procedure.